Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Question about wiring the output for Altec Speakers

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Mike16W's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2008
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a pair of 612 cabinets with 803-B LF drivers and a pair of 802-D hf drivers. The crossover is a N800-E. The drivers are all 16 ohm drivers. I am wiring up the output transformer on a pair of 2A3 amps and I have two options for the output, 8 ohm or 16 ohm. Should I wire the Output transformer for 16 ohms?
    Thanks for any help.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes, 16 ohms.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Mike16W's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2008
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks,
    I figured so but wanted to check.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.